Thursday, May 14, 2009


Gidget


I decided to start doing some entries on iconic stylish women from movies. My first is Sandra Dee. I remember when I was about seven my mom made me watch the movie Gidget. I instantly fell in love with it and made her rent all the rest of the Gidget series and transfer them to VHS so I could watch them 24/7. If you have never heard of the movie Gidget it's based on a ambitious teenage girl who spends her summer at Malibu point where she meets a group of surfer guys. It was made in 1959. Her style is very cute, bubbly and flirty. With the film being set mostly on the beach, shoes are barely worn. She wears jumper bathing-suits, cute colorful bubble dresses, and simple but still classy cardigans. Next time you want to watch a cute classic movie rent Gidget, she exemplifies the confident, cute, but still tomboyish type of girl.

“Me, I'm good at nothing but walking on the set with a pretty dress.”
-Sandra Dee
1. Delias--Shelly Pocket Cardigan $19.99
2. Etsy--Ester's Suit $40.00
3. Etsy--Vintage 1940s or 1950s PinUp Rockabilly Gantner $59.99
4. Modcloth--Gidget Dress $69.99
5. Etsy--The Sandra Dee Dress $85.00
6. Etsy--Vintage Sailor Mini Dress $34.00
Sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment